Our Competitive programme offers an enriched dance curriculum specifically designed for dancers whom we feel have the potential to be competitive-level performers. These Company classes are accessible by audition only.
We offer three different streams of Competitive programming: Baby Company, Mini Company and our regular Competitive stream.
Competitive dancers involved in our regular competitive stream are required to train in the following mandatory disciplines:
- Tap and/or Contemporary (1.25 hours per week)
- Jazz (1.25 hours per week)
- Ballet (2.5 hours per week)
- Tumbling (1.25 hours per week)
- Stretch and Conditioning (2 hours per week)
Dancers may also be selected by the Faculty to participate in additional classes such as Company Hip Hop, Company Lyrical, Company Pointe, Small Groups, Duet/Trios and Solos.
Our Baby Company programme trains 4 hours a week in Jazz and Ballet.
Our Mini Company programme trains 5 hours a week in the following mandatory disciplines:
- Tap (1 hour per week)
- Jazz (1 hour per week)
- Ballet (2 hours per week)
- Stretch and Conditioning (1 hour per week)
Our Competitive program not only provides top-quality dance instruction, but also creates an environment where students can develop self-esteem, self-discipline, self-confidence, the ability to work with others, as well as the ability to follow directions. Our Competitive team consists of high-achieving and hard-working dancers.
Along with the prestige and highly accelerated learning that is part of being a member of our Competitive team, there are numerous responsibilities that both parents and dancers should consider:
- Company dancers must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Company dancers must maintain a “B” average in school
- Company dancers must participate in all regional competitions
- Company dancers must be eligible to participate in community events and charitable benefits
- Company dancers must maintain a high degree of self-discipline and motivation as being a member of the Dancers Burlington competitive team is a privilege